Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scores from the weekend!!

WOOT ITS THE START OF A BLOG!!!! Thats right people, you heard me...I'm an asian who is IN LOVE with the world game. I love my soccer. And yesss, I do go for Manchester United-Go the Devils? HAHAHAHA
AHHHH, the red devils <3<3<3

ANYWAYS, i thought i'd give you guys a round up of all the scores from the weekdn! so haha, mmhmmmms here they are!

Scores from the English Premier League and English Division 1

England - Premier League
March 21

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Everton

Blackburn R. 1 - 1 West Ham U.

Fulham 2 - 0 Manchester U.

Stoke C. 1 - 0 Middlesbrough

West Bromwich A.1 - 1 Bolton W.

Tottenham H. 1 - 0 Chelsea

Newcastle U. 1 - 3 Arsenal

March 22

Wigan Athletic 1 - 0 Hull C.

Manchester C. 1 - 0 Sunderland

Liverpool 5 - 0 Aston Villa



England - League Championship
March 21

Birmingham C. 1 - 1 Norwich C.

Blackpool 1 - 1 Southampton

Charlton Athletic 0 - 0 Preston North End

Coventry C. 1 - 0 Doncaster R.

Derby County 0 - 0 Barnsley

Ipswich T. 0 - 0 Watford

Nottingham F. 0 - 1 Wolverhampton W.

Plymouth Argyle 1 - 2 Burnley

Queens Park R. 2 - 1 Bristol C.

Sheffield W. 0 - 0 Swansea C.

Crystal Palace 0 - 0 Reading

March 22

Cardiff C. 0 - 3 Sheffield U.



England - League One
March 21

Bristol R. 0 - 1 Peterborough U.

Crewe Alexandra 2 - 3 Leeds U.

Hartlepool U. 2 - 3 Millwall

Huddersfield T. 2 - 2 Cheltenham

Leicester C. 1 - 1 Colchester U.

Leyton Orient 0 - 1 Walsall

Northampton T. 4 - 0 Stockport County

Oldham Athletic 0 - 2 Tranmere R.

Scunthorpe U. 2 - 0 Brighton & Hove A.

Southend U. 3 - 0 Carlisle U.

Swindon T. 3 - 0 Hereford U.

Yeovil 0 - 0 Milton Keynes Dons

05:04 March 24

Carlisle U. 1 - 2 Hereford U.

Cheltenham 1 - 1 Oldham Athletic

Milton Keynes Dons 2 - 2 Crewe Alexandra

Northampton T. 3 - 4 Swindon T.



So here are the scores from Italy:

Italy - Serie A
March 21
Catania 1 - 0 Lazio
AS Roma 1 - 4 Juventus
March 22
Bologna 0 - 1 Cagliari
Chievo 1 - 0 Palermo
Fiorentina 1 - 0 Siena
Genoa 2 - 0 Udinese
Inter Milan 3 - 0 Reggina
Lecce 2 - 2 Atalanta
Torino 1 - 3 Sampdoria
Napoli 0 - 0 AC Milan

Spain...

Villarreal 2 - 0 Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla 4 - 1 Valladolid
Deportivo La Coruna 1 - 1 Real Betis
Getafe 2 - 1 Recreativo Huelva
Numancia 2 - 1 Sporting Gijon
Osasuna 1 - 0 Espanyol
Racing Santander 0 - 1 Valencia
Real Madrid 3 - 0 Almeria
Barcelona 6 - 0 Malaga
Mallorca 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid


IF YOU GUYS WANT MORE SCORES, then...please comment and tell me what leagues do you want covered.


So now...time for me to comment on some things that has happened during the weekend...

English Premier League:
OK, My team lost...booohooo, you all know we're still gonna win the season haha..
A quote from Sir Alex after the match:"In the first half we never got started. They were lively and got stuck in and we respect that - they lost 4-0 to us a couple of weeks ago. But it's disappointing we didn't meet the challenge. If you lose games in March and April it can cost you. Fortunately we have a slender lead at the moment but not a lot and I'm hoping we come back from the internationals back to our best."
- Sir Alex Ferguson
Outstanding performances this week go out to Danny Murphy, the captain of Fulham and Van Der Sar. Good stuff boys.

Ahhhh, Chelsea...new coach...but nothing changes, yet another lost by Chelsea has seen them 4 points away from United(with still 1 game in hand), I'm surprise with all the money they spend on players, they can't seem to find the net? What do you guys think about what I just said? Please comment.

LIVERPOOL 5-0 ASTON VILLA -> I woke up the next morning and I see my younger brother...jumping up and down, "hmmms" I wondered. My jaw dropped to the floor-Liverpool had just beaten Aston Villa(who i think have improved tremendously due to their new manager-I can't seem to remember his name-that celtic coach kid LOL. Dissapointed I was as i went through the day doing my daily routine of checkin up on Football scores around the world. Sighh....

MANCHESTER CITY 1-0 SUNDERLAND
Due to overwhelming demand on me commenting on Manchester City, here we go...special mentions to City's defence this week for keeping a clean sheet. I believe they're also through to the UEFA cup Finals rounds, Congrats to a team in the verge of success...=] I believe City is a team to watch for in the next few years. You'll see them up there with the likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea and all the rest =]. Micah Richards; i dont have to say anymore about him hahaa. They're a solid team still growing in unity but they're getting there. Sorry Sunderland. i feel they're gonna be relegated this season. It seems inevitable now haha.

ARSENAL 3-1 NEWCASTLE UNITED
I must say, this was one of the best games i've watched Arsenal play in awhile(NO OFFENSE TO ANY ARSENAL SUPPORTERS OUT THERE). They were tight in defense although they did concede a goal, they were strong in midfield, and sharp in attack. Back in 2001-2005, I saw an Arsenal team so awesome and now, I think I'm seeing it again. Arsenal is a very young team, a good team. Special mentions this week to your Star attraction ROBIN VAN PERSIE, Bendtner, Diaby and Nasri. A diverse team; a young team; a growing team. I believe Wenger has a bright future ahead of him with all the players he has. A quote from Wenger: "It was a good opportunity for us to take advantage and get closer to the top. You never know, even a chance out of a billion, we want to fight to come back as close as we can to the team which is top. We feel we are in a very good run and we are improving from game to game."
- Arsene Wenger
I would've hoped Owen would've started but in the end, he was on the bench and I think it made a difference. Although there was a slight glimpse of hope from the penalty scored by Martins, that was about it. GG Newcastle United this week. =]


ANYWAYS, If you guys want me to add anymore teams for me to comment on. Please leave a comment/ email me at benjiboy_changi_anthemite@hotmail.com.

Anyways. until next time. Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. woah..soccer freak..even the blog title says it all..lolx..so wht're your big plans for this blog??!!
    international website? world /man u hits? lolxx..gdluck! ;D soccer freak =.=

    ReplyDelete